Sunday, January 25, 2009

Spreading the Love to the Homeless

You Complete My Heart by NottyPooch


I did a little bit of charity for the homeless through Etsy. Bought some cards from an Etsy seller and have her sent to one of the admin who's organizing the charity together with Meals-on-Wheel that brings nutritious meals, handmade greeting cards and companionship to thousands of homebound elderly New Yorkers.


Mini Valentine Card by CaraScrapNStampArt



We can send our own handmade cards (which I wanted to do so) but the cards has to reach the Etsy admin before 2/Feb but I bought some cute owl valentine cards and have them deliver from the US (with free shipping too...how considerate of the seller ^_^).

So, it's not always about business and making money. Have you do any charity lately? So...it's about time that we be less selfish and care a little more.

Click the badge if you would like to read more on this and perhaps participate too for spreading a little bit of love around.


2 comments:

  1. Good morning! It's my pleasure to help spread the love. Thanks for finding me! Three seniors will be smiling because of you! Thank you!!
    Hugs,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely idea and I am glad you participated - I am hosting a blog venture similar to this as I was giving away candy for cards sent to donate to the Nursing Home.

    ReplyDelete