Monday, September 27, 2004
My housemate ask me out for a movie, the new Jackie Chan Police Story. I don't feel like going anywhere. Just want to isolate myself in my room. Don't feel like doing anything....but there's a load of chores to be done.
Things that I have to do:
1.Finished the TVB drama (very very exciting story about the last emperor or Ming Dynasty. Love story actually. I'm always an addict to Hong Kong TVB drama).
2.Clean my room (should list this as #1...bah)
3.Make new address labels and stick on all friendship book and send them all out. For those who do not know what is "Friendship Book", here's a link to enlighten you ^_^ http://mitglied.lycos.de/lilkriss/
4.Reply my pen pal's letters (I got a whole pile to reply to-_-, I just like to receive letters more than replying them...heh)
5.Wash my stinking cloths.....aaaakkkkk
6.Return the anime 'Prince of Tennis'
I guess I can only finish #1.
Really sad being sick. Sick and alone with no one to take care of me. I don't feel like buying medicine on my own or go to the clinic alone. How I wish Joe is by my side to take care of me now....Huhuhu.
I know and admit that I am a very pampered child. I always want attention and care from other people. What's wrong with that?Love is not a sin. LOL. Being independant is good, I consider myself independant as well. I'm living alone here in the big city. But I need all the love I can get. I receive all the love and care from my parents, my boyfriend and my buddies with open heart and give them the best that I can to love them in return. I don't understand why some people tend to be so cold and will not accept even a small help from others, trying to be strong and independant huh? And some will take advantage from the people who love them.
Hmm....what is love?
Here's my definition:
Love from family/parents - Love without a cause. The most genuine love of all.
Love from boyfriend/girlfriend - This can be categorize into 3 stages :
1st Stage : The first 3 month of the relationship. Butterfly in stomach type of love. Each other seem so perfect and flawless. Infatuation love.
2st Stage : Relationship over a year. Compromising type of love. Give and take. Forgive and forget.
3rd Stage : More than 5 years. Love with acceptance. Already accepted each other for who they are. I would say, stable but no more butterfly-in-stomach effect type of love.
Love from Spouse - From death do us apart. Spouse is family. Therefore it's love without a cause as well.
Love from Friends - Love with a helping hand.
Anyway, I sprinkle my love of the day to whom who is reading this.**MUAH MUAH**
Friday, September 17, 2004
And to all who read my blog, please don't be offended with what I said. I am merely a new beginner with writting stuff like this. And I am writing from my perspective of view. I guess that's the right thing to do. If you happen to not like what I wrote or anything interesting to add to my thoughts, please comment on me :) Lalala...knowing that I have ppl reading my blog really make my day ^___^
Thursday, September 16, 2004
I wrote (1st comment):
I put this in my blog too...LOL^_^ and with my own analysis there. I prefer to be a 100% Malaysia Chinese who can speak BM,English and Chinese whenever needed. However the Regular group tend come from the St.Something-Something and Something-Something Convent. I found it very revolting seeing those westerner wannabees.I,myself,comes from a Kebangsaan school, so I don't learn chinese as well and there's many Regulars in my school too-_-.....I don't mind the AhBengs...swear all they want,they are just being themselves.I love my country and I don't want to go anywhere else....Negaraku....Tanah Tumpahnya Darah kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Obviously, my comment was going to provoke some debate. I admit my rudeness with the usage of word 'revolting'. And here's the immediate responce from someone who read my comment and felt revolted by it.
oi... wat this??!! generalising ALL the st. something-soemthing & convent something-something people into revolting 'regulars' who want to be something they arent?!! FYI - i came from BOTH a St. & Convent something [St. Michael's & Main Convent Ipoh - I'm proud of it - so there!] But seriously, not EVERYONE'S like that! I admit there are some unbearable buggers who think that they're better than veryone else (and act like it too!) but there ARE regulars who just enjoy being urselves, or even ah beng or cina at times - i mean, there's a bit of each in every one of us, dont u think so? personally, though i'm able to speak good english (and that means NO grammatical mistakes at all), i relish indulging in all the la's and brokenbtw...
english that make me sound just like a cina (or ahbeng). [note the "wat this?!"
instead of "wat's this?!" at the beginning of this post] It's more fun, somehow
(minus the swearing, of course *grin*). Haha, ok, noodlez - b4 u get all heated
up saying i'm misdirecting this barrage of indignance at you, let me say i'm
just posting it here in the hopes that moonlight might read it. too lazy to go
hunting for his/her blog (at the mo). and hrmm... bout the ahmoi gal who asked
bout the bmx/w... i was going to suggest that perhaps she PURPOSELY asked you
those questions just to see how you would respond to them. But since all she did
was ask about the BMX/W thing in answer to your reply... i can only say that
some women are an embarrassment to the female gender. *sigh*...kim here,
Well, I need to apologize for what I said especially with the word revolting. And I countered that comment with another more polite comment from me.
I wrote :
Ahem...if you read my blog, I highlighted that I am not generalizing the anything but the fact is the Regular DO comes from the St. Sthg-Sthg and Sthg-Stgh Convent, because you guys can speak English better than the Cinas and the AhBengs. Not true? I take back my 'revolting' word but it's just psychologily true. Maybe I should not say revolting....it's kinda an insulting statement. I do have friends from those schools. Great ppl actually and no hard feelings with them. It's just when they try to talk with perfect English and most deadly when they try to speak with accent.....There's even some of my friends from my Kebangsaan school that behaves this way. I feel kinda uncomfortable chatting with them not because I can't speak at their superior English level, it's because I feel that us Chinese no matter where we are, should converse in Chinese...it's our root. Don't forget....:)And if you do
speak both English and Chinese fluently...good for you. I salute you^_^
Actually I have more to write but I'll debate with myself here in my own blog (since nobody will read this at the mean time....I'll not offence anyone...LOL).
I have this cousins of mine....from my father's side. In fact, all of my father's nieces and nephews is English educated. They speak English fluently. But throw any Chinese idiom or proverb at them...they couldn't even guess the meaning. Let alone China history or any China Emperor's name.
Ok, back to those cousins of mine, my father's third younger brother and his whole family migrated to Australia many many years ago (since I was 7 or 8, I think). When my cousins moved over there, they already hit their puberty age and now they are my age. When they came back to Malaysia for holidays, they totally forgot how to speak Chinese....hence, unable to communicate with my poor grandma. Come on, I don't think they 'totally' forgot how to talk to Chinese...or just pretending not to be Chinese at all? Geez...this is when I can say 'revolting' and it's totally revolting! Where's your root man? Your root!!!
Why do people feel proud if they can talk good English with no grammatical mistake whatsoever and not ashame when they can not pronouse 'four'(sei) as four but as die?
I am trying my very best to try to learn more Chinese words and listen to Chinese songs. And I really enjoy listening to Joe(my boyfriend) when he tells me about China history, emperors, kingdoms and stuff like that. It really belittle me when I could not sing chinese karaoke songs. And not able to read mangas and my favourite song lyrics. It's a pain when I have to translate the songs to my own version of pinyin. And even worse when your favourite singer happens to be Jay Chow (who mumbles).
As you can see, I am very much a traditional lady....haha.
And don't be an OCBC (Orang Cina Bukan Cina) !!
Woke up everyday at the same time (7.45pm), go to work (training actually) at the same place, meet the same people, do the same thing, come back home at the same time, switch on my PC as usual, write in my blog and read other ppl's blog like before and sleep at around 12 EVERYDAY.
Is everyone's life pathetic as well? I mean, not exactly pathetic...but you know what I mean. I have a very good friend I get to know from pen palling. She's from Germany. She seems to have a very adventurous life. Traveling to almost every neighbouring European countries. She sent me postcard everytime she visits somewhere new. I got one from Malta, one from Eygpt and one from Croatia. She's still studying and doing part time job sometimes. Come to think of this, I don't even have a passport to go anyway...and yea, that's really sad. It seems that it serve no purpose at the time being, seeing that I won't be leaving my country in the mean time...tight budget, you see. The closest neighbouring country I have been is Thailand (yes, without a passport, I just need a boarder pass because I was Perak born...hehe). It's definately everyone's dream to travel around the world...not to every country but at least somewhere further than Singapore...LOL. I always want to go to Australia for vacation but when I checked the price of air ticket and every possible expenses, it will cost me around RM5000 or maybe more (o_o). Where the hell can I come up with that amount of money. Yea, I have some saving in my piggy bank and it's more than enough but I just couldn't debit such a large amount of cash out of my saving. There's so much more things in my 'Must-Buy' list (or 'Dying-To-Have' list)...such as the new Samsung phone(e600a), new graphic card, pen drive, DVD-rom and subscribe the StreamyX. And also not to forget my next trip to Genting this weekend(haha...at least I get to go somewhere). And I need to save up money for the future house, future car, future family...you know...the future is out there. -_- hehe
*Sigh*.....this is the life and attitude of Asian ppl. I'm not saying all. Some are pretty adventurous as well and will use what they earn. But just look at people around you. How many actually did use their own savings and pay their own trip to some foreign country. Studying overseas and family funded is a totally different case. Although most of us did have some saving from part time jobs and scrap savings. But how many is willing to use the bucks to see the world outside Malaysia? My only self paid trips are to Pangkor, Langkawi and Genting Highland...:( Look at our parents. When is the last time they go for a vacation? Our life is just study, work and have babies. -_-
Anyway, in the next 20 or 30 years, I hope I will have enough money and be able to go to (at least) Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Australia, Italy, Spain and Portugal. Those are my 'Must-Go' country list. Hehe.....
Wednesday, September 15, 2004
Today, in Malaysia, there is no longer just the Chinese. Along the way, the Chinese people divided beyond dialects and religious faith. We now have denomination within the Chinese. The major three groups are Regular, Cina, and Ah Beng.
The Regular group is the minority, making up less than 20% of the Chinese people. This group has the following characteristics:
- Speaks English as the first language.
- Thinks the world owes them a living.
- uses the Internet more than the other two groups combined.
- Loves the iPod and/or IKEA.
- Watches one or more of the following TV series: "Sex And The City", "Friends", or "CSI."
- Thinks that the Regular group is way larger than it is and makes fun of the other groups, particularly the Ah Beng group. Why? Because it's fun.
The second Chinese group, Cina make up approximately 55% of the Chinese community. (Cina is derived from the Malay word Cina which means Chinese and is pronounced "chee-na". And you will have to say it in a condescending tone for effect.) This group is considered mainstream and contribute to the numbers that reflect development in the country. They are the masses in context of the Chinese community. In other words, if you want to sell something to the masses of Chinese people, the Cina is it.
The Cina are identified by the following traits:
- Speaks Mandarin or Cantonese as the first language.
- Generally quiet, self-effacing, and obliging but are actually shrewd and calculative.
- Sees Taiwan as the place to be.
- More likely to forward chain email to people in their address book.
- Goes to Halo Caf=E9 or Wow Wow Caf=E9 BY CHOICE at least three times a year.
- Has Astro hardwired to Wah Lai Toi.
- Calls a music video an MTV instead of music video.
- Knows all the dim sum dishes by name.
- Seventy percent of lighting at home generated by flourescent lights.
One may identify the Ah Beng by these tell-tale signs:
- Built-in visual self-defense mechanism that keeps people away from them.
- Have enough amplifiers in their one car to power speakers for six cars.
- Hair not in their original colour.
- Volume of voice is automatically five decibels higher than everyone else.
- Excessive use of the phrase "Kan Ni Na Bu Ciao Chee Bai". (Although, to be fair, some members of the Regular group have been reported to use the phrase on a daily basis as well.)
- Once a fan of one of the following groups: Vengaboys, Dr Bombay, Aqua, or the Cheeky Girls.
- Their Proton car does not look like a Proton car due to modifications.
- For the Ah Lians, have at least one bag fashioned after a furry animal complete with the head.
Ok, let's see where I stand.(Hope not in the Regulars...I hate that clique>_<)
My score : 1.833 /6 (30.55%)
- Speaks English as the first language. (0)
- Thinks the world owes them a living. (0)
- uses the Internet more than the other two groups combined. (1) I have to say, yes...I'm so addicted to the net devil.
- Loves the iPod and/or IKEA. (0.5) Fancy them...not overly obsess. But I don't own any of the item...how sad-_-;
- Watches one or more of the following TV series: "Sex And The City", "Friends", or "CSI." (1/3) I addore FRIENDS and it's cast
- Thinks that the Regular group is way larger than it is and makes fun of the other groups, particularly the Ah Beng group. Why? Because it's fun. (0) I don't make fun of the other group.I just make fun of THIS group...LOL.
My score : 4.16/6 (69.44%)
- Speaks Mandarin or Cantonese as the first language. (1) Definately!! I'll die if there's no Chinese jokes or Stephen Chow.
- Generally quiet, self-effacing, and obliging but are actually shrewd and calculative. (2/3) Except the quiet part...hahaha
- Sees Taiwan as the place to be. (0) Not really. Actually I dislike Taiwanese. Just look at how they behave in political meeting and their entertainment talk shows are full with stupid jokes and seems like they are Japanese and Hong Kees desperate wannabe. How pathetic....but I soooo adore Jay Chow...LOL....interesting ppl, maybe I'll review them in my next entry.
- More likely to forward chain email to people in their address book. (0) I don't forward emails unless it's really important annoucement. So some really hilarious sex cartoon....LOL
- Goes to Halo Caf=E9 or Wow Wow Caf=E9 BY CHOICE at least three times a year.(0)...What's that? Go to Coffee Bean cannot ar???This is such a false statement.There's no Halo Caf or Wow Wow in my state.....
- Has Astro hardwired to Wah Lai Toi. (0.5) If I have Astro, I'll definately tune it to Wah Lai Toi only. Even without Astro in my house, I know what's showing in Astro...Geng leh...hehe
- Calls a music video an MTV instead of music video. (0.5)I used to call music video MTV...how embarassing...-_-
- Knows all the dim sum dishes by name. (0.5) Maybe la....but I also know Sushi dishes wor, does that make me a Japanese Cheeee Na?
- Seventy percent of lighting at home generated by flourescent lights. (1) How true....sadly
~Ah Beng..or Should I say Ah Lian?...~
My score : 0.5/6 (8.33%)
- Built-in visual self-defense mechanism that keeps people away from them. (0) I don't really know what this mean.....
- Have enough amplifiers in their one car to power speakers for six cars. (0) Whoa...I don't mess with speakers. I have faint heart.
- Hair not in their original colour. (0)...I proudly introduce my virgin hair....^_^ Erm...not so virgin actually, I did rebonding twice....>_<
- Volume of voice is automatically five decibels higher than everyone else. (0.5) Wahahahahaha....can you hear me laugh????
- Excessive use of the phrase "Kan Ni Na Bu Ciao Chee Bai". (Although, to be fair, some members of the Regular group have been reported to use the phrase on a daily basis as well.) (0)I cannot figure out what this is....secret call outs for guys only? LOL...I don't swear. I'm a good girl.
- Once a fan of one of the following groups: Vengaboys, Dr Bombay, Aqua, or the Cheeky Girls. (0) Not my type.
- Their Proton car does not look like a Proton car due to modifications. (0) My Saga-chai is certainly what it is. But since it's so old and scratches everywhere, I have to put on some car stickers to cover the flaws. Poor Ah-Du (my car plate is ADU...hehe).
- For the Ah Lians, have at least one bag fashioned after a furry animal complete with the head. (0) I have to say no to this althou I use to have a Milk Teddy back pack...but it was 5 or 6 years ago...and it's just a cute Teddy bag, so it doesn't count *_*
So I'm more on the Cheee Na side, as I exspected. I'm proud to be a Malaysian Chinese and love my country.
Monday, September 13, 2004
This first post is really a crap, I have nothing to write about.
Nevermind, I'll give a pat on my shoulder myself, I'll do better next time. (I abandoned my LiveJournal months ago...sucker-_-). I swear I'll get back to this.........>___<
And stop overusing cutesy smiley....arrrkkkk....
Anyway, this is fun, just like Bridget Jone's Diary. :)