I always love reading and I still am. But now I'm more into reading online articles, blogs, forum, reviews, magazines, and sometimes newspapers. In this cyber era, many of us had lost touch with paperbacks. I do not want to let go of this, so I keep buying book, knowing/hoping that I will eventually find time to read.
During our last visit to MPH bookstores, while paying for another book for me, Kin Fai asked, how many books did I really finish reading in the pass 2 years. Erm.....one and that's during my bored-to-death 3 hospitalized days. What a satisfaction when I finished a good book and I did not had such feeling since.....I don't know when.....I think since my schooling days when I have no dates and plenty of time in the noon digging in Dean Koontz and Judith McNaught. It's a weird combination of reading preference but I need some historical romance when I had too much thrillers.
I had two Ikea shelves full of paperbacks and hardcover books. I excluded those recipe cookbooks, travel guides, dog behavior guidebooks, arts and crafts books, and some work related reference books, I came up with a To Read List.
To Read What's On My Shelf List:
- Marley & Me by John Grogan : I'm half way through this, I'm confident that I can finish this.
- The Harmony Silk Factory by Tash Aw : I'm proud of the Malaysian who got his name by writing this book. But unfortunately I'm giving up on this. Too many narration. Will be giving this to Kin Fai.
- Bridget Jone's Diary by Helen Fielding : I searched high and low for this book and finally got it at Kinokuniya, KLCC but 3 years later, I'm still at chapter 5. Why? This is a good read! Witty British writing.
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown : I bought the book way before the movie was filmed but...I still at chapter 3. Sigh
- Angels and Demon by Dan Brown : Already gave the book to Kin Fai which he made into his loyal toilet companion. I don't think I'll get back the book. >_<
- Harry Potter and The Order of Phoenix by J.K. Rowling : Stopped at Chapter 6. Why can't I even finish a children's book.
- Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling : Seems like I'm collecting the Potter series, not reading them.
- If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon
- Are You Afraid Of The Dark? by Sidney Sheldon
- Train Man by Nakano Hitori
- Memoirs Of A Geisha by Arthur Golden : A gift from an ex who doesn't know the type of books that I like to read.
- The Memory Keeper's Daugther by Kim Edwards
- PS. I Love You by Cecelia Adhern : Will definately finish this before the movie comes out.
- A Place Called Here by Cecelia Adhern
- A Spot of Brother by Mark Haddon
- Once Removed by Andrew Leci : Kin Fai's book and I will make this my loyal toilet companion. haha
- The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter
- The Complete Fairy Tales by Jacob and Wilheim Grimm
- The Holiday Present by Johanna Lindsey
- Home For Holidays by Johanna Lindsey
Ok, I'm not buying anymore books until I crossed out at least half of the list.