Thursday, November 22, 2007

My first art-venture with polymer clay

I always have a thing with art and crafts. KL has a lot of arts and crafts supplies store, especially at One Utama. I always wanted to try those many many different variety of arts and crafts. I always wanted to learn about oil paint, acrylic paint, glass paint and etc. Yes, is an expensive hobby but compare to photography, philately, golf, antique collecting, art-venture is not expensive at all.

I'm sooooo happy that finally in Ipoh we have a craft workshop and it's so near my place. Yayyyy. They are selling a lot of arts and crafts supplies such as acrylic paints, glass paints, fabric paints, clay etc usually not found in Ipoh. They are also offering a lot of classes such as polymer clay, Folk Art (painting on wood using acrylic), glass painting, glass etching, fabric painting and decoupage. I can't wait to learn all of them. And to my surprise that this kind of craft shop could actually attracts quite a lot of customers and I have to call to book a time for their classes. Although some are just inside the shop to look at the wonder work of crafts and the art supplies that we never knew existed but quite a number of them were actually buying!

Ok, so I start my art-venture with polymer clay. RM80 for a 2 hour class and I get a Sculpey Activity Box Kit worth RM60. I wanted to get the Clay Bear set but the last box were reserved. What a disappointment, the Clay Bears were really super cute!


Sculpey clay and tools.
Actually there's 7 colours but I finished using the brown for making the very cute bear.



My first clay babies. Aren't they super cute?
Am I talented or what? Hehe...


I still have many leftover clay and I will make something else. ~woohoo~

(And I'd waste a lot of money paying for yoga and gym classes. I never enjoy as much.)


Useful link for clay crafting:
Free polymer clay tutorial
A talented and resourceful clay blogger from Indonesia

Sculpey - Materials for polymer clay craft

A talented crafter from Malaysia

10 comments:

  1. WOW!! You're real talented! They're so nice!! You might wanna consider making them and sell in Bazaar in The Curve.. Can be real great christmas gifts too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..you made those without any clay mould? they are really cute! :) you are really talented..i know from school last time that you are really good at art alrdy..and you can draw really well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are cute!! I think b4 you make and sell them, u outta give us sample.. hahahahahha ... keep your time and effort onto this. We will all supports you ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are cute!! I think b4 you make and sell them, u outta give us sample.. hahahahahha ... keep your time and effort onto this. We will all supports you ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, they are really really cute, i cant believe this is your first attempt, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there ! I love those cuties that u've made :) I'm really interested in them, whereabout is the shop in Ipoh that teaches polymer clay making?
    Thanks heaps !

    ReplyDelete
  7. what vitamins should i take for fatty liver what vitamins should i
    take for fatty liver what vitamins should i take for fatty liver

    Also visit my webpage ... fatty liver diet and supplements

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much do a polymer clay cost in the craft workshop?I really want to make craft using polymer clay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello..may I know the name of the workshop and the address? phone number also if possible...thanx a lot..enjoy together :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! May I know the information of this workshop? What is the name and where is it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete