Friday, November 03, 2006

My first cupcakes

Another day of schedule leave and I was enjoying the wonderful weekday where I don't have to worry about any work related shit. The 4th quarter of the year are really enjoyable and moves so fast towards the next year. Since August, I had to take one day off every week compulsorily, just to clear off all my annual leaves.

And so today I spent the morning by experimenting my very first cupcakes. It was from Kelly Tang's Yummy Cheesecake recipe book. Which was fun and easy and definately yummilicious.


First assignment : Poppy Seeds Cheese Cupcakes


Cakes ingredients I brought from Trico. Some were leftovers from the last cheesecake I baked. Making cupcakes are much cheaper than the usual cake.

The ingredients :
125g softened butter
1/8 tsp salt
120g castor sugar
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
20g fresh milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
125g plain flour

Filling :
125g softened cream cheese (for my own recipe, I used 250g because I used the whole Philadelphia cheese block. I just love more cheese)
20g icing sugar

1/2 tsp poppy seeds


The usual stuff, you know....beat everything together. Butter, salt and caster sugar until it's all light and fluffy. This was always the part I hate most....it gets all messy and tire. Mixed in vanilla esence and fresh milk. Then theflour and mix into smooth batter. After the cake batter were ready, mix the cream cheese and icing sugar until well combined.


There goes my two bowl of batter and cheese, so eager to be fill into the cute cups.


You can see that I had to put the paper cups into the cup cake pan (you can use these as muffin mould too). This is to support the little cakes.


Aaaawwww, aren't them cute? With all the poppy seeds sprinkled on them like fairy dust. ^o^


Book said need to bake at 170degree for 15-20 minutes or until cooked. For my little cakes to cook, I need to bake them for 30 mins at 200 degree. Well, you know, cheap oven....-_-


Stupid me....I poked a satay stick into the baked cakes to test whether it's cook or not, and saw some sticky stuff on the stick. So I assumed it's not cook yet, so I baked it another 10 minutes till my poor cake turn all brown and burn. And then only I realize that the sticky stuff was the cheese. And so my first 9 cup cakes were a little burn and the next 9 cakes were perfectly baked.


So I ate the unburn cake. And gave the burnt ones to my dear dear, as a token of my heart that always burn for him. How thoughtful and romantic of me. ^___^


And made my man so happy. ^_________________^

1 comment:

  1. erm .. so, you can cook ... :P
    Not bad for the first timer. but i dun like cheese that much. Any other flavor I can opt for? I still cant login to blogger .. -_-"

    ReplyDelete