Friday, March 10, 2006

Feeling good, feeling old

Found something interesting while reading Yoke Ping's MSN Space blog (I'm trying very hard in persuading her to get a REAL blog....real blog as in blogger or xanga).


Signs that you are a 80's baby
You grew up watching He-man, She-ra, Jem, Transformers, Thundercats, Mickey Mouse, Ninja turtles, Smurfs etc .. I never fail to tune in to Thundercats, Disney cartoons, Smurfs, Ghostbuster and Voltron. And I'll cry my heart out when dad doesn't allow me to have TV dinner.
Let's check if we're getting old...

1. You understand what was written above and you smile. Untrue. I'm still watching cartoon now. But they are called anime. So I don't feel old at this point but wish there were Naruto, Bleach, X-TV, Chobits, Full Metal Alchemist back then.
2. Most of your high school friends are getting married. Half true, half untrue.Well, yes...some of them are married and having babies along the way as well. But I think I'm still too young for a family and I can't handle kids. But I'm still not sure whether it's me that's getting old or them being way too young(at the time of marriage).
3. You are always suprise to see small children playing comfortably with computer. Very true. Why are kids getting so damn smart nowadays? They are setting up really canggih websites, hack hack here hack hack there, creating scripts and matrix-like code....even the themes that I'm using now was created by a young girl. This, I'm feeling ashame of my kidhood.
4. When you see teenagers with mobile phones, you shake your head. Damn true. Lucky bastards nowadays. People are getting richer and richer. I got my first mobile phone(brick) when I was 20.
5. You spend less and less time talking on phone with your friends daily. Erm, not really true bout this. I still chat with my girlfriends everyday, but only difference is that we switch to messenger chat. Haha. And I still chat on the phone with Mun Yee all the time.
6.When you meet your old friends from time to time, talking about the good old days, repeating again and again all funny stories you experienced together. True. We can't stop making fun at each other.
7. Lastly, having read this and thinking of forwarding it to some other old friends. You think they will like it too. True. Want to make them feel like an old maid too.

My score:
I agreed with 4.5 out of 7 which make me 64.29% a 80's baby. Am I or am I not getting old? I don't care because I'm feeling good about it. YEE HAA!








No comments:

Post a Comment